Welcome to the Yacht Club Knolls Homeowner's Association website
|This page was updated on February 1, 2018|
|YACHT CLUB KNOLLS NEWS
Building Painting to Commence Soon
Pre-painting repairs are underway on Buildings 8, 9 & 10 with painting scheduled to begin later this year. The painting committee has provided samples of possible color combinations.
Color samples can be viewed in the pool area. Choices include retaining the existing color combination or one of three alternatives. Painting is expected to be completed over a two or three year period.
A single color combination will be selected for all structures.
New Standing Meeting Dates & Community Representatives
The normal Board of Directors meeting dates have changed to the second Tuesday of each month. The time and place remain the same. Consequently, the February association meeting will be on Tuesday February 13th at 6:30 pm in the clubhouse area, poolside.
Mary Agraan is our new Community Service Representative and Tom Tobacco is our new Community Manager.
Updated phone and e-mail information is provided on our Contact page.
COMMUNITY SECURITY & SAFETY INFORMATION
To help discourage thefts and vandalism, security cameras are installed on our property. There are three cameras for our entrance driveways, one for the pool and one in each parking lot. In addition, signs let any would-be thieves and vandals know we are monitoring their activities. Vehicle break-ins/thefts continue to occur in nearby neighborhoods and can occur on our property at any time.
Be sure to promptly report all such incidents to the Resident Manager so that the video record can be preserved for police follow-up.
Over 45 Yacht Club Knolls neighbors are currently enrolled in Nextdoor Yacht Club Knolls. Nextdoor is a private social network with access restricted to nearby neighbors and linked to other Nextdoor sites in the surrounding community. It provides a way for neighbors to talk online and "use the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods". In addition to Crime & Safety, other categories include: Classified Ads, Lost & Found, Contractor Recommendations, Community Events and General Interest items. You can customize the site to see just Yacht Club Knolls posts or also see recent postings from the surrounding area.
Please help us build a stronger community. If you're not already a member, click Nextdoor to learn more and sign up.
During a power outage, contact the Hawaiian Electric Trouble Line at 548-7961 or visit the HECO Outage Map website. You can find out if the outage in our area is already known and may get an estimate of when power will be back on. You can also report if you heard an explosion, saw arcing, or that there are downed power lines causing a hazard. All things HECO needs to know.
REMINDERS FROM THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Our Community Management Company, Associa Hawaii, provides secure owner access for account information and Yacht Club Knolls documents. Select Owner Access in the left column for further details. Owner account preferences include on-line fee payment, notification when payments are received and the ability to opt-out of paper coupons if you use Direct Debit or your own bill-pay service (call/e-mail our Community Service Associate to do this).
- A limited number of reserved parking spaces are available for households with more than 2 vehicles. Details are provided on our Documents page under Reserved Parking Stall Program.
- All residents can help prevent costly sewer backups by not putting items such as diapers, wipes, kitty litter or facial tissue down the toilet. In addition, following City "FOG" guidance for disposal of oily cooking residue will reduce problems in all sewer lines. If a blockage does occur, residents should not attempt to fix external sewer backups on their own. Please immediately inform our Site Manager of any backup that could be caused by buried lines.
- The Yacht Club Knolls Newsletter is issued periodically to keep all residents informed of community activities and concerns. The most current issue can be viewed using the Newsletter button in the left column near the top of the Home page. Previous issues of the newsletter can be found near the bottom of the Documents page. You can subscribe to receive an electronic copy of the Newsletter by e-mailing your name and building/unit number to email@example.com.
- Residents are reminded that Cleanup After Pets is their responsibility. Animal droppings detract from the appearance and use of our common property. Failure to pick up droppings and dispose of them properly may result in a citation. In addition, please do not feed ducks, chickens or other feral animals that frequent our open areas. While we all may enjoy their visits, feeding interferes with their natural foraging behavior and can create a localized nuisance for other residents.
- Residents can obtain basic enclosed and interior area Pest Control Services for a small fee when they are pre-scheduled around the Yacht Club Knolls general service dates (normally the second Thursday of each month). Additional information is available on the NeXgen website and service can be scheduled by calling 808-236-7378.
- When available, the Upcoming Meeting Agenda is provided on the Yacht Club Knolls Documents page which also provides access to other useful information; including our House Rules and links to related state documents, construction drawings, insurance information and recent newsletters. Owner access is required to view other Governing Documents, Minutes and Financial documents.
- Yacht Club Knolls Association has an In-House Trash Collection Program: Bins are processed by our maintenance crew on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Please help keep maintenance costs down by doing your best to follow these guidelines:
1. Do not overload the trash bins. If the bin is full, please take your trash to another bin.
2. Collapse all cardboard boxes before putting them in the bins. This reduces wasted space and overfilling.
3. Heavy construction rubble or heavy bulk items will damage the bins. See the following bullet for disposal alternatives or contact our Resident Manager if you need assistance.
4. No burning coals or hazardous materials are allowed in the bins.
5. Reasonable amounts of yard waste may be placed in the bins at this time.
- Large Item Disposal: Bulky items can be taken to the nearby Kapaa Transfer Facility. The city also has a Bulk Item Pickup day which, for our area, is the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Many types of Bulk Items may be placed by the Kaneohe Bay Drive curb no earlier than noon the day before our scheduled pickup day. Further details regarding this program and acceptable bulk items can be obtained from the city website.
Please do not use the curbs by the entrance to Yacht Club Knolls as a dump site!
PLEASE DON'T PUT REFUSE OUT EARLIER THAN
THE TUESDAY BEFORE A SCHEDULED PICKUP!
- Recycling: Our maintenance crew collects HI-5 items in special bins, located in every trash collection area. All proceeds help to finance our Community Party Committee events. Please place only HI-5 labeled containers in these bins. In addition, The City now accepts other recycled items in several of its HI-5 centers.
More information can be found on their HI-5 Plus web site.
- Maintenance Responsibilities: repair or replacement of doors and windows are the responsibility of owners. Guidance regarding acceptable designs and models is available from the Resident Manager. Doors and window frames are to be painted or selected to match approved colors. In addition, owners should be aware that maintenance and replacement costs for electric boxes, lighting/plumbing fixtures and interior surface treatments are also an owner-responsibility. A letter providing clarification regarding interior repairs is available here.
YACHT CLUB KNOLLS WEB SITE FILES & UPDATES
Updated information files and new features are added frequently to our web site. If your browser caches web pages, revisions may not be visible immediately unless you refresh (reload) the page. You may need to enable scripts on your browser to view all content. To view document files on this site you will need Adobe Reader or a similar PDF file viewer. Please direct any questions, comments or suggestions for our web site to the WebCrew.
Home..... About Us..... Board Members..... Form Download
Documents..... Owner Access..... Contact